Vision and Mission
- 1.As a member of the NTT DATA Group, we will use information technology to create new ways of doing things and generate new value, thereby helping to achieve a richer and more harmonious society.
- 2.We will pass down as our legacy the spirit of making full use of the creativity that we have nurtured and valued since our founding.
- 3.We will combine the corporate cultures of the NTT DATA Group and the Sharp Group, and take full advantage of the synergistic power generated by it to contribute to our own growth as well as to our clients and society.
IoT stands for the “Internet of things.” Connecting everything to the Net and interactively exchanging information will bring about greater convenience, reduce costs, and boost efficiency. By taking full advantage of our long experience in developing embedded software for use in products such as smart phones and home appliances, we are now carrying out the development, evaluation, and verification of software for IoT devices to be incorporated into on-vehicle electronic systems and a wide range of wearable devices. We are also conducting verification of communication protocols.
AI (artificial intelligence) is being introduced into a wide range of life situations, including voice response applications installed in smart phones and camera-based facial recognition systems. We are actively working on developing a variety of applications and software that make full use of AI.
By introducing connected cars with communication functions built into the vehicle, the smart mobility society aims to reduce the burden of driving and improve comfort, as well as reduce traffic accidents and ease congestion to achieve an environmentally friendly transportation system. We are actively engaged in making the smart mobility concept a reality by developing software designed to be embedded in connected cars.
For many years, we have been involved in developing software to be incorporated into mobile phones and smart phones. We possess the advanced technologies needed to develop drivers, middleware, and applications, as well as to do evaluation and verification. Through collaboration with the NTT DATA Group and cooperative partnerships with mobile carriers, we are working toward the goal of fostering new developments in areas such as 5G, AI, and drones.
Message from the President
New Inspiration by Connecting the World
NTT DATA SBC Corporation was established in 1979 as an information subsidiary of Sharp Corporation. Since relaunching the company in 2017 with capital input from NTT DATA Corporation, we are leveraging our foundation of technological prowess and outside-the-box thinking to contribute to manufacturing that astonishes the world.
Since foundation, our development of embedded software has contributed to advancement in the control and communication technologies and the functions of equipment and devices. We have always valued the spirit of making full use of creativity, and we will pass down this spirit to future generations as our DNA.
Leveraging the know-how in mobile communication protocols and the embedded technologies we have built up, we are pushing forward with DX initiatives in the areas of 5G, xR*, IoT, connected cars, and mobile. Apart from technological elements, we also strive to be a leader in connecting the general public to our customers, and companies to industry and society.
Today, everything is connected to the internet.
We will use groundbreaking technologies and innovative ideas to bring the world together and create solutions that truly move people and open a new age.
To this end, we will cultivate human resources blessed with technological knowledge, new ideas, and originality based on our belief that people are valuable capital. Together with NTT, NTT DATA, the Sharp Group, and other partners, we will spur structural reform in customers’ business and industry as we contribute to the creation of a sustainable, abundant society.
President and CEO
- Corporate name
- NTT DATA SBC Corporation
- December 16, 1979
- Yoshi Kurobuchi, President and CEO
- 100 million yen
- Shareholder structure
- NTT DATA Corporation: 80%
Sharp Marketing Japan Corporation: 20%
- Net sales
- 74.1 billion yen (FY ending March 31, 2023)
- 416 (as of April 1, 2023)
- Head office
- Daini Nomura Building 6F, 2-1-1 Bingo-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 541-0051, Japan
- SBC Software Co., Ltd. established as the sole specialty software company within the Sharp Group
- Company name changed to Sharp Business Computer Software Inc.
- Hiroshima Development Center opened (at present, Higashi-Hiroshima Office)
- License approved to operate as a general temporary staffing business
- Hommachi Office opened (at present, Head Office)
- License approved to operate as a fee-charging employment placement business
- Granted right to display PrivacyMark®
- Hiroshima Development Office opened (at present, Hiroshima Office)
- Head Office relocated to Chuo-ku, Osaka
- NTT DATA Corporation acquires equity stake
- Company name changed to NTT DATA SBC Corporation
- Kumamoto Development Office opened (at present, Kumamoto Office)
- Tokyo Office opened
- Hiroshima Office opened (Hiroshima Development Office relocated)
- Tokyo Office relocated to Koto-ku, Tokyo